Someone wrote a couple days ago and asked where I went. I'm still here, but in small bits. They took away our Internet at work, and that is where I did most of my blogging. All at-home Internet is through my phone, so it makes it a little difficult. I'll try to update on the last month (if you are friends on FB or WebMD you may already know this, sorry!)
February 5 we had our quad screen drawn. I got the results back about a week and a half later and good news: all negative! This was a relief, but I was still nervous for the anatomy scan. Since Ella had Turner syndrome, she most likely had a heart defect and this was my biggest worry with this baby. I'll get to the anatomy scan in a minute. On 2/17 at 17w6d I felt our baby move for the first time (that I knew of). It was the weirdest feeling! We were sitting on the love seat after dinner and all of a sudden my eyes got really wide and I just looked at Neal. He said, "Did you feel her move?!" And I had to give a resounding "Yes!". He was/is soo jealous that I get to feel her and he doesn't (he tells me every night). I am feeling her every day now, and she keeps getting stronger and stronger :)
On 2/20, we drove 4 hours to Columbus, OH to go to Ultr.asona Col.umb.us for a 3d/4d ultrasound. They had a GREAT special going, $99 for a 3d/4d with 5 B&W 3d pics, 4 color pics, and a DVD or CD with all pics. Since we drove so far, they gave us over 30 B&W pics, 4 color pics, and the CD of all of the pics. We bought the DVD too, so we have an awesome commemoration of this time! We were 18w when we had it done and it was confirmed that day that we are having a baby GIRL! We are sooo excited. Her name is Hannah :) At 18w she weighed 8oz and was 6in long! Such a big girl!
February 25 we went in for our anatomy scan. I have to say, I've never had to pee so bad in my life. It HURT BAD. I was seriously in tears and Neal was laughing. Then I started laughing too... lets just say I almost experienced what life is like when yo have no bladder control. That would have been classy. Anyway, we went in and the tech had to ask if we had kids and what pregnancy this was. Ugh. Just had to ask, huh? When we finally got to looking at her, everything was perfect! Enclosed spine, 4 chamber heart, fingers, toes, working bladder, good umbilical blood flow and placenta location. That was the coolest u/s I have ever seen! It was so detailed. We saw so much, and it was a huge relief to know that all looked normal. Oh, and she was up to 10oz!
I had my first monthly OB appt today. Up til now I was seeing them every week or two, so to be a 'normal' patient is pretty cool! I'm still struggling with my weight. I lost 9lbs almost as soon as I got pregnant and have only gained back 3 of them. Hannah seems to be growing normally though, and I eat as much as I can, so I guess it isn't that big of a deal. I can't believe how big she is and how great she looks. When the dr turned on the 4d I could see her nose and lips and jaw line; INCREDIBLE. I think I'm still kind of in shock that this is really happening. I thought it wouldn't happen for us. Now I sit 19 weeks away from our due date and am simply amazed at the things that God can do if we trust Him.
Nothing much else going on in my life. Still go to work every day, but it goes by slower without a computer (I am a puzzle book master now though!). Still come home every night to a loving hubby and an obnoxious but lovable dog. Instead of dinner out, we make it at home and do laundry. I wash baby blankets and paint wall art for the nursery. Its a simple life lately, but I get to spend it with the people (and pup) that I love most. I'm blessed :)
She's holding her left wrist with her right hand. Funny thing is, I sleep like that!
Chewing on her fingers (or trying to) like Daddy does when he is bored
Trying to eat her umbilical cord (guess we should have had lunch BEFORE the appt!)
Her face, with her fist by her ear
20 weeks- halfway there!


I was wondering where you disappeared too! I'm glad everything is progressing well!
ReplyDeleteI have been following you on FB ;)
ReplyDeleteAwww, those are cool! So, it doesn't hurt anything for them to play with/chew on the cord?
ReplyDeleteSo glad you're doing well!
I guess it doesn't since they don't have teeth yet or much muscle. They just told me "There's not a whole lot to do in there!" Lol
ReplyDeleteThanks for caring enough to keep reading this. It really does mean a lot to me
I love those pictures! Amazing!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the update! I am so glad everything is going well and I LOVE the name Hannah =)
ReplyDeleteAww, your post made me tear up... life is good girl!
ReplyDeleteThis brought the BIGGEST smile to my face! I'm so happy that things are on track for you and Neal, Kristin. Still sending thoughts and prayers for healthy, uneventful rest of your pregnancy! What AMAZING pics!
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear things are going well!
ReplyDeleteIsn't feeling the baby move so amazing! The extra reassurance that everything is well is really nice too!
Great update! I am glad things are going so well, and how neat that you got the 3D/4D u/s done! We've done it with both of ours, and plan on doing it again at about 30 weeks.
ReplyDeleteI'll keep an eye out for more updates! Yay! :)
AWESOME pics!! Those u/s are so cool!
ReplyDeleteGood to hear from you again, thanks for updating us.
Hope you are doing well!
ReplyDelete