Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 10, 2010

WOW Its Been A Long Time

I'm sorry that I've been away for so long. I read and very occasionally comment, but I'm hesitant to write much at the risk of hurting anyone's feelings. I know how it is reading pregnancy updates while still in the battle, and I don't want to be the one causing that kind of pain. This post is, however, an update on everything with us so if you don't want to read anymore you won't hurt my feelings.
Goodness, where do I begin? I believe I left off around 25 weeks when I was having symptoms of pre-term labor. Well, I was put on Procardia to keep my contractions away until 34 weeks. As soon as I stopped taking it I had contractions again, but thankfully they were all Braxton Hicks and weren't dilating me. I had fairly frequent contractions one Sunday afternoon around 34 weeks that sent me to the dr. I wasn't dilating but I was 50% effaced at the time. I was checked again 2 days later and had gone from 50%-70% in 2 days but still no dilation (other than a fingertip). Anyway, my dr wasn't worried so we went about our way and it has been pretty smooth since then.

I've seen the dr once a week since 30 weeks. Its nice to go in and see my baby every week. We do NSTs and u/s every week, and now exams too. I have been sent to the hospital 3 times now, twice for non-responsive NSTs and once for suspected pre-eclampsia. Everything has turned out fine each time. At my last appt I was around 90% effaced and she has dropped and is engaged, but no dilation yet. My dr thinks it would be best to induce me at 39 weeks, so we are going in on Thursday (yes, 5 days!) to be induced. Monday night is my last dr appt before she is born, and they will try to strip my membranes then to see if I will go into labor on my own (my idea). I can't believe that by this time next week I will be holding my little girl! I think I am ready. I know that there is no way to prepare for what is to come, but I have an awesome husband, great friends, and lots of prayers that we'll figure it out.

On a completely unrelated note, I hope that I am friends with most of you on FB, but if not my email is MrsNealsWheels@gmail.com if you would like to add me. I'd love to 'see' you. I update on there much more often (thanks to the power of the Blackberry). Hope to have some new friend requests soon!

I'll leave you with a few pictures from the last couple months:

Me at 37 weeks

Hannah in 3d at 37 weeks

9 comments:

  1. Awww your looking lovely! And your little one I can't believe you'll be holding her in such a short time! I can't believe how fast your pregnancy has flown or so it seems to me!! I can't wait to see pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear from you. I've been checking to make sure I didn't miss an update! I'll send you a friend request soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing! We have missed you around here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also am happy to see a post from you. Remember, those who are hurt, do NOT have to read on, but those of us who are interested REALLY missed seeing updates!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for an update. Missed you! I cannot believe how quick time has flown by. You must be so excited!! I know I'd be! Great pictures, you have a glow about you and Hannah looks lovely! Can't wait to see pics of y'all from next week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful! Can't wait to see your little one. I love the name Hannah. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been wondering about you since I knew you were due near me and that you'd been having the PTL symptoms. How exciting that you'll be meeting your little girl on Thursday! I hope everything goes well for you during the induction. I'll look you up on Facebook so I can keep up with you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy to see a new post from you! Thankful that God has brought you through your pregnancy! Can't wait to meet Miss Hannah!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so mad I didn't see this sooner! I'm so excited for you! I'm going to try to send you an email to friend you on fb, but I'm sure you're busy right now! Can't wait to see pics! I'm so glad you posted a pg pic!!

    ReplyDelete