Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 11, 2010

She's Growing Up Too Fast





My baby girl is 8 weeks old as of Thursday! I can't believe she's been here this long. We took her for her 2 month appointment yesterday (Friday) and she is getting big! She now weighs 9lbs 4.8oz and is 21 1/2 inches long. She is in the 10th percentile for weight and 20th percentile for height. She is still tiny, but gaining at a good rate so the doctor isn't worried about it at all. They say she is just 'petite'! That's ok with me :) I have to say one thing about her getting bigger is that she has to get shots. She got an oral vaccine (like liquid medicine) and 3 shots. I don't know that my heart has ever hurt so much in my life. I just had to try to calm her while she kept getting stuck. The pained cry is like ripping my insides out. Knowing that she hurts and there is nothing that I can do was the worst feeling ever. She has been ok since then. Some friends told me to try nursing her after the shots to soothe her and it worked. She fell asleep and slept for a couple hours, and has been a little fussy since then. She's had a temperature of around 100.o too so we gave her some Tylenol and she is asleep right now on my lap.

Hannah is holding her head up and looking around a lot now. She focuses more on things around her, and loves music. She likes the mobile on her swing and the ceiling fan too. She does great during tummy time, and I swear she wants to crawl! By far my favorite thing that she does now though is smile. She gives us the biggest, cheesiest grins and it just melts your heart. It makes all the crying fits and lack of sleep worth it! She has to be the coolest kid I've ever met (and I know every parent says that). She seems to get cuter every day as we watch more and more personality emerge. She seems so smart already, and she sure knows how to get what she wants! This girl is so spoiled, and immeasurably loved :)

Now I'll leave you with some of my favorite pictures of my baby girl



7 comments: