So much has happened since my last post. Hannah is 10 months old now and still a tiny little thing. She is such a sweet girl though. She crawls and pulls herself up to standing all the time now, and can walk behind her toy or while holding your hands! She will put both arms straight up in the air and smile when you say, "Ta-da!" and claps whenever she hears, "Yay!" or "Good girl!" Its so cute to see. Yesterday she said her first word (other than mama, dada, or baba/bubba), "baby"! She pointed to my belly when she said it, which was pretty funny!
On a related note, I just got AF back after 19 months on May 6 despite the fact that I am still nursing Hannah. Soo... We are TTC #2! I decided to use OPKs to see if I am ovulating and guess what? On CD16 I got a + OPK! Woohoo! Timing was pretty good and I am 9dpo now. So far all tests are -, but my earliest bfp was on CD10. I haven't checked cp enough yet to know what it is doing but it is firm. I am getting anxious to know! I think it would be really cool to have it happen easily this time after dealing with IF before.
I still work the same job 38 hours a weeks and Hannah is in daycare (tears). I wish I could stay home. Neal is hoping to get a different job and if he does I might be able to. That would be such a dream, especially if we do get pregnant again.
I've gotten into couponing, though not as extreme as those people on TV. I am starting a small stockpile of things we use a lot like body wash, shampoo, toothpaste, deodorant, cleaning supplies, paper towels, etc. You will not, however, see me buy 47 bottles of mustard. I don't think I could eat that much in my whole life.
I'm trying to go greener too. We started recycling our paper, plastic, and aluminum a couple months ago. Our trash service picks it up with our regular trash each week. I also started making my own laundry detergent. It seems to do just as well or better than the Tide that I've used for the past 6 years. The Borax that I use in that recipe is also a great cleaner. I used it on my floors, tub, and toilet without any harsh fumes. It was nice to not have to go outside while Neal cleaned with all those smelly products.
We planted our first garden last week. We've got 3 kinds of tomatoes, green peppers, romaine lettuce, garlic, onion, cilantro, and jalapeno so far. Neal has decided he wants us to be as self-sufficient as we can, so we will probably get chickens too. Kinda weird to thing of myself as a farm girl. I've never done any of this before!
This is getting long, so I'll just try to post more often. Maybe every once in a while I'll have something interesting to say :)
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry


Awesome you are ttc #2!! You might have to stay home afterall because of the cost of daycare for 2! ;)
ReplyDeleteI have been couponing too because we are on a food budget now. It is crazy the amount we were spending on food.
E
Viktor's mommy