Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Our God Works MIRACLES!

I had my appointment with Dr. Malik and all I can say is WOW. I wanted to see what we were going to do as far as treatment for this next cycle so he wanted to see how my cysts looked and did an ultrasound. Now remember, when I went in in October my ovaries had tons of little cysts that were actually follicles that never grew and burst to release an egg like they were supposed to. I expected to at least see a bunch of little ones. The ultrasound showed NO SIGNS OF PCOS. NONE. I am still amazed at the miracle that God has done for us. We have been praying for God to take this PCOS away and while I know its not all gone, the cysts are gone for now and that is a miracle in itself. I asked him about my super high progesterone levels last cycle (53.8 at 8DPO) and he said it was really good because I ovulated a LOT of eggs. Since everything looks so great, we are doing one more month of Clomid at 100mg for cycle days 5-9 with an ultrasound to check on the size of my follicles on day 12. Hooray! I can't wait to see the little babies to be! At the ultrasound I had around 15 follicles at approximately 7mm each. :) Neal and I talked and we both feel really good about this cycle. If this doesn't work but everything looks good on my end, he wants to have a sperm analysis and then depending on that outcome we may do an IUI in February if needed. I am so happy that we have good news! Keep those prayers coming for our little one to be!!

The only bad thing that happened at the appointment is that I have to have a diabetes screen sometime soon. I have to do 12 hr fasting insulin and 1 and 2 hr glucose at the MedLab. Not too worried, I'm sure everything will work out in the end. I am confidant that by next Christmas we will be celebrating with our own little one!! Thank you all for the prayers that have been lifted up on our behalf. Without your prayers and God's mercy, I know we wouldn't be this far right now and preparing ourselves to be parents soon. I love you all.

On another note, I have been hearing a little voice speaking into my heart a reminder every day. I have been told, "Don't take this moment for granted. This is the only chance you have to live in it. Once this day is gone, you can't have it back. Appreciate everything you have been given. And once you have your babies, don't ever take them for granted either. Always remember how hard this road was and how special it is to have them in your life. They are your gift from heaven."

The Lord still works miracles. He hears the cry of our hearts. "Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you your heart’s desires." Psalm 37:4

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad to see that God is working things out! There isn't a day that goes by that I take for granted the blessing that God has placed in my life. I know you will feel the same way when your blessing is birthed! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking about your banner "find joy in the journey." You are right to not take things for granted. Even the yucky times in life are gifts of experiences that can be reflected on or shared in the future.

    I am glad things are working out. I hope that the rest of the process goes smoothly as well!

    ReplyDelete