Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

GOD ANSWERS PRAYER!!!

Well, we went to the doctor this afternoon and I am so relieved and thankful! First of all, the test results: liver function, normal; kidney function, normal; negative for gonorrhea and chlamydia (we got a chuckle from that one; if you can't laugh at yourself who can you laugh at!); everything else good. And the one I was worried about: insulin levels...EXCEPTIONAL! With a family history of diabetes I was really worried about this but God listened to our prayers!!

I finished the Provera on the 17th (last Friday) and so far still no sign of our little friend. He said to give it a couple more days and if still nothing I have to start taking a month of birth control pills. It sucks, but my body may not make enough progesterone OR estrogen so we are trying to fix that. He wants to start this process after a fresh start. I have a prescription for Clomid that I filled tonight. I start it 5 days after my period starts and then wait a couple days. Then Neal's favorite part of this process starts for 5 DAYS STRAIGHT. You could say he's a little happy about that. :D He has already told me its the doctor's orders. hehe Dr. Malik seems pretty optimistic at this stage. He said try this for a month and if we aren't pregnant then we will increase the dosage of Clomid. We are going to try with it for 4-6 cycles and then go from there. I can't believe this is really happening!!

On the drive home, I was driving by myself and I was listening to an Acquire the Fire cd. As I was listening to the words of the song 'You Are Good (All The Time)' I thought about how amazing that just a few reassuring words from the doctor changed my whole outlook on this process. I was starting to resent the whole conception process and questioning if this is what I really wanted after all the stress. I believe that God heard all of your prayers for me and is answering in an amazing way. While a few hours ago I was sure there was no hope, God has lifted my spirit and showed me it is all because of Him. I was overcome by the Spirit driving home and realizing that this is the same God that breathed life into the Earth, that spoke and created all that we can see or ever imagine. But He is still a God that looks down on us and sees our hurts and our troubles. And according to His riches in glory, He meets all our needs!! And as I sit here and am overcome again, I cannot believe that after all my doubt He still wants to give me the desires of my heart!!

OUR GOD IS AN AWESOME GOD!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment