God, my God, I cry out. Your beloved needs you now. God be near, calm my fears and take my doubt. Your kindness is what lifts me up; Your love is all that draws me near. I will lift my eyes to the Maker of the mountains I can't climb. I will lift my eyes to the Calmer of the oceans, raging wild. I will lift my eyes to the Healer of the hurt I hold inside. I will lift my eyes, lift my eyes to You. God, my God, let mercy sing a melody over me. God, right here, all I bring is all of me. Your kindness is what pulls me up; Your love is all that draws me in. For You are and You were and You will be, forever, the love that I need to save me. Cause You fashioned the earth and You hold it together, God. So hold on... God, my God, I cry out. Your beloved needs you now.
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
I Will Lift My Eyes
After I got off work yesterday, I just sat in my car and cried. You know how after so long the pain just gets so unbearable you can't do anything else? I was there. On the drive home I was listening to Spirit 66 on the satellite radio. When I was almost home, the song 'I Will Lift My Eyes' by Bebe Norman came on. I realized that is what I need to do. When you reach a point where you can't go any farther, you just have to look up. I have to give up control and trust that His hand is strong enough to hold me and sustain me. WSi I will lift my eyes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment