Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The Dreaded Two Week Wait

Well, there's not a whole lot going on for us right now. My OV Watch detected ovulation od Sunday or Monday, so now we just wait. I don't really know what to do now. Its kinda weird. The first part I had to worry about counting the days til I could start my medicine. Then after I started the medicine, I was looking at the watch all the time to see when I was fertile so I could make sure we took full advantage of that time. But now, I have to be patient, and I am not good at that. I am hoping to be able to test on Nov. 23. That will be 2 weeks from ovualtion day. I don't really know if that will be long enough because in the only other cycle that I actually ovulated, my luteal phase was 20 days. Initially looking back I had thought that maybe I had had a miscarriage, but in reviewing my chart on Fertility Friend I realized that I took a pregnancy test every day for the 5 days leading up to my period. So who knows. If I wait for the 20 days, it will be around Nov. 29. To be honest, I am kind of scared. I know this is what I and we want, but the thought that in 9 months I could be responsible for taking care of not only myself and Neal, but a little baby (or babies, in the case of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome) is really surreal. I still can't get it to sink in.

I am afraid to get my hopes up too high in case this doesn't work out. Everything should be pretty close to perfect this cycle though. The only bad thing is that at the beginning of my fertile days, I had bronchitis and was taking antibiotics. The OB/GYN said that shouldn't hurt anything, but as a result of being sick and taking the antibiotics I got a yeast infection. Yippee. I called the OBGYN and they gave me a one time pill to take to clear it up, and they knew that I was one of his infertility patients and that I was ovulating soon. I have read that sometimes a yeast infection can cause problems with cervical mucus and therefore might make it not so sperm friendly. Other than that, everything should be good. We started trying 2 days after I started the Clomid and continued every day up until today except for Friday and Saturday. I hope it works. I hate to be so optimistic because I don't want to be crushed if it doesn't happen. I know I'm rambling, but writing makes me feel better.

Until I test, every little twinge or stomach ache or extra tiredness will be evaluated I'm sure. This is the hard part. I kind of feel lost and I don't really know what to do. I want to work on their room but I don't want to get too excited again. I am really starting to feel kind of alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment