Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Amazing OV-Watch!

I can't help myself; I am positively giddy. Isn't it funny how when trying to conceive little things are exciting? And then when you are a mom, watch out. haha

So this week is 'the week', the week the doctor told us to try every day in hopes of conceiving. You know, it kind of gets to be a chore after a while. We got into a little tiff last night over the fact that he is dense and I need to be straight-forward, we have to talk more and communicate better, etc. You know, the inevitable talk that married couples have to have about their needs and deires. After 3 years we reached that point. Anyway, while we were talking and trying to straighten things out so we could 'start over', I looked down at my OV-Watch.

Let me explain a little how this thing works so I can finish the story. You start wearing the watch on one of the first 3 days of your cycle. Untile you approach your fertile time, the watch reads NF for not fertile. When ovulation is impending, the watch will read Fertile Day 1-4. This lets you know that your ovulation day will be occurring soon and you should be trying. On ovulation day(s), it says Ovulation Day 1 or 2. Then the 2 days afterward, it says Less Fertile Day 1 or 2. Statistics show that if you try during this 6 days window leading up to and including ovulation, your chances are 80%, compared to a 5% chance if you try only on the ovulation day.

Now that I explained that... When I looked down at my watch it said Fertile Day 1! I have never had it actually detect ovulation since I have such abnormal cycles and don't usually ovulate (thank God for Clomid!) . So to say the least, that was soooo exciting! I decided not to show Neal until afterward to relieve some of the pressure that I've been placing on him. He was excited too. I am really hoping this is it!

No comments:

Post a Comment