Its been a week ago now since I went to the Dr. Unfortunately, we didn't get the good news we were hoping for. We didn't do a blood test, they just did a urine test, which was negative. I knew it would be; it was WAY too early for a urine test. He did do a blood draw to check my progesterone levels though, which were good. He did an ultrasound to check on my cysts and see if they were still there or if they'd diminished like they were supposed to. Most of them were gone. I have 2 left in one ovary and 1 in the other. He did find blood in my left ovary though, presumably from a cyst that ruptured. Because of this, I have to take one month of birth control pills to clear up the blood and suppress the formation of cysts. That is, if I start my period on my own. Judging from the past months, I'm not gonna hold my breath. If I don't start by one week from today, I have to go back in and see him. I think I have PMS for the first time ever though, so at least we may be close to getting started.
After the month of birth control, he has said that he wants to increase my dosage of Clomid to 100 mg from 50 mg for one month. Normally, women are put on Clomid for a max of 6 months, but he is wanting to proceed with other treatment after 2 cycles with me. I don't know if its because he knows I am impatient or if there is something that may be wrong that he hasn't told me about. I am a little scared to move on to other treatments.
The good news is, I did a lot of research today and I have quite a few things I want to do different this time.
First: Since, he is wanting to increase the Clomid to 100 mg, I want him to do a baseline ultrasound to see what is already in my ovaries to compare to. Then I want him to take a blood draw on CD 3 to check my hormone levels (progesterone and others to insure that they are increasing/decreasing like they should be. The day after I stop the Clomid I want my hormone levels checked again and then another ultrasounds 5 days after I stop Clomid. These things should make sure that the Clomid is working so we can decide if we should continue on it or not.
Second: We can either do this with the cycle coming up or after it is over, but I want to get all the tests for IVF done now to make sure that they are all ok if we have to go that route. The tests are: HIV; hepatitis B antigen; Hepatitis C antibody; RPR; pap smear; blood group, Rh, and Antibody screen; rubella titer; varicella titer; Cystic Fibrosis carrier screen; and cervical swabs for gonorrhea and chlamydia (I think I have already has these two and they were fine).
I want to be as prepared and informed as possible. I am almost tempted to just ask him to start IVF procedures now. We would like to have 2 kids (hopefully a boy and a girl) and if I could just have twins we would only have to go through this once. I don't think my insurance covers infertility treatment or I would request it. I am torn. I want this to happen, and I am sick of waiting! But IVF is very expensive and I don't know that Neal would go along with that... I don't really know what I am thinking or doing lately, so if this doesn't make sense I'm sorry. This is my outlet for my frustrations and concerns so its all just kinda laid bare here. Thanks if you took the time to read this. I love you.
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment