Ok, this is super long and way too much information in this first part, sorry. The rest is not gruesome, so if you have weak knees skim this first part! I think I let everyone know what had happened Monday, but if not here goes (bear with me if you've heard it!): Monday morning I woke up after spotting for 2 days with a super heavy flow. It got worse during the day, and I was light headed and dizzy to the point of being afraid to drive. When I got home from work there was a ton of blood when I took out the tampon it was a gush of blood that got all over my pants, underwear, bathroom floor, hands, etc. So I got worried, especially with the dizziness and whatnot, so I called the office. He had to deliver some babies so he wasn't able to call until around 9:30. By then it had slowed, so he wanted to see me today in the office (I could have gone to the ER, but since it was lighter I didn't). This morning it was pretty heavy again and I'm still light headed and dizzy but not as often. So here goes about the appointment tonight:
Sorry I didn't get back sooner. I got to the office about 4:45 and we got home about 8:30. Oh my, where to start. I went back a little before 6. He wanted to talk about what was going on, asked about the bleeding today, etc. After he got the basics, he did a pelvic exam and an ultrasound. Both were a little painful... Anyway, the u/s showed a collapsed cyst in my right ovary, where the cyst was. So it looks like it ruptured and now its going away. Oh, to distract me he asked about my 'research'. I told him I've been studying. :) Anyway, after the u/s was done, he just wanted to talk. I was the last patient, and everyone except one of the nurses had gone home. He asked about Dr. Henry (the RE in Indy). He was worried that they had not done something that I needed them to do or that they weren't doing something right. It was nice to talk to him. I told him I felt REALLY bad about going, I guess I was just so frustrated I was thinking I was at the end of my rope. I was crying talking to him! I told him that they are doing everything, I just was looking more into IVF in case it comes to that. I've not really wanted to go to Dr. Henry for anything other than that. He was worried. He wanted to answer all of my questions and explain what we are doing and why. I wanted to know what the Metformin does, what is going on with the cysts, on and on. I started getting really dizzy, so he got me some sprite and we went out to the lobby to talk so Neal could be there too. He just wanted to let me know that if there is anything that I think they aren't doing good enough or if I have any problems, to let them know because they want to keep me. Here's what made me cry; he said I am a very special patient because I am friends with Steffy (a good friend of mine and a former IF, pregnant with #2!) and because they really appreciate all the little treats and thank you. He said it really means a lot to them to know that I am thankful for what they do. He said she are a perfect example of why not to give up. He really does think the world of her. We talked, and he is doing my HSG instead of Dr.Henry next Thursday. Neal wants to do another round of Clomid with trigger after the HSG to see what that does for us. He said that would be fine, because the minimum number of cycles is usually 3. He explained the IUI cycles in detail so we know what we're getting into, and then he drew my blood to check and make sure I'm handling the Metformin okay. He is checking liver and kidney function as well as a couple other things. He did all of this just to make sure that we are both getting what we need from each other. It meant so much to me to have him do that. He kept telling us he didn't want to see us give up, and I told him I couldn't do that. I just kept saying over and over "thank you". I can't say it enough to him. After he did my blood draw, he gave me a script for estrogen in case the bleeding doesn't slow down or go away and said to call in the morning to get the HSG on the schedule. He said I was like a part of their family, and it made me cry (again). So before I left I had to give him a hug. Couldn't help it; it just meant so much to me, it really did. I should get my bloodwork back on Thursday, and hopefully its all fine. He said he was sure it would be fine. I still have the dizziness and light headedness, but not as bad. The bleeding had slowed a lot, so hopefully it will stop completely. He said he didn't see any signs of endo, so that's great! So we have to get this HSG and then I guess we're off for real! Starting gates are ready for us!
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment