For weeks now our pastor has been telling us to let him know when we are ready to tell everyone about our pregnancy. Saturday night we finally said ok. Sunday's services were focused on healing, and how God can and does still heal His people when we believe. We started with the music as always, and several songs were ones that inspired me when we were going through our treatments and everything. After a couple songs our pastor said (I remember every word), "I think every once in a while its good to be reminded that God does heal. Neal and Kristin, I want you to come up front. Some of you remember the message I preached on Mother's Day about barrenness. That day we prayed for couples struggling in that area, and we prayed for this couple. I am proud announce that today Kristin enters her second trimester. God hears, and He heals."
He had our church family come with us and pray for us and our little baby, and all I could do was hold Neal and just cry, because I know that none of this would have been possible without God. It was so amazing to see so many people that love us and care about us praying and rejoicing with us. They know what we've gone through. They know about the two babies that we had in our lives for such a short time. And now they know, and will soon see and hold, a miracle of God.
"Jesus looked at them and said, 'With human beings this is impossible,
but with God all things are possible.'" Matthew 19:26


That is beautiful.
ReplyDeleteYeay 2nd trimester!! WOOT!!
ReplyDeleteThat made me cry! What a sweet church and pastor! YAY for 2nd tri!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteAwesome, 2nd tri!!
ReplyDeleteI love how your pastor recognized the ones without children on mothers day. I wish more churches did that! I hate to admit it but with losing my brother & dealing with IF I have really pulled away from God and church Thanks for reminding me that He does hear.
Wow, that is so nice!! Congrats on second tri!!
ReplyDeleteI have tears in my eyes after reading this! Congrats on making it to your second tri!
ReplyDeleteWhat a perfect way to celebrate your 2nd trimester! You will always have that memory. God IS good!
ReplyDeleteI teared up Kristin. How beautiful. So happy for you and Neal. Congrats on 2nd tri and thank you for sharing that.
ReplyDeleteThat brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for sharing and how wonderful that you are part of such a great church community!
ReplyDelete