Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, December 18, 2009

Stop saying "But last time..."

I keep hearing that. My nurses say it, my friends say it, it hear it everywhere. But I can't stop thinking about "last time". Last time I thought everything was perfect too, down to that last week. In that last week I started to feel like something was wrong, but it may have just been that I hadn't seen the LO in so long. I don't feel nervous like that this time, thinking there's a problem, but I can't help but worry. Today we are 9w1d. The longest one of my pregnancies has lasted was 9w6d. The longest one of our babies has survived was either 7w3d or somewhere in week 8. I probably wouldn't be quite as scared if the heartbeat had been stronger last week. I'm hoping that it was just an old machine, or that the baby was moving too much.

I am scared to death that something has gone wrong in the last week. I am scared that I will go in tonight, to that same room, and our baby's heart will have stopped. I can't relive that day again. I'm not strong enough. Neal can't take it either. I have really felt like all is fine, that this baby is perfect, that we will bring it home. But the day of the appointment, knowing that at this time last time... My calmness and sensibility escape me and I am all nerves. I hate being like this. I hate fear. I hate not being able to enjoy being pregnant. I hate the nagging reminder in the back of my mind every day. I HATE it.
At the same time, I am thankful that we have made it this far. I am thankful that I am sick all day every day because maybe, just maybe, this means that our baby is still doing good and growing strong. I am thankful for a husband who is willing to let himself get excited, even though our hopes have been dashed before. I am thankful for all of my friends who are praying for us and this little one.
And at this point I am begging, I'm PLEADING to God that all is okay and that we will see arms and legs tonight, that they will be moving, that we will hear a strong heartbeat. PLEASE, that's all I want.

7 comments:

  1. (Hugs) I hope and pray it will all be ok. You will be taking that baby home in July!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. (((HUGS))) I'm praying for your LO too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The "waiting" period is so hard. I still feel like I am in it.

    All you can do is pray that things will go well. It helped me to wear my "special" necklace that my husband bought me. I always wear it when we go to ultrasound. I hold it in my hand and just pray.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not fun, being in that "I'm so scared, but grateful, but terrified"

    When I went 'there' I had to remind myself that every pregnancy is different...and then took a deep breath, and repeated if I needed to. that's all you can do between d/a's.

    ~hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  5. So stressful. I hope everything goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm holding on to hope for you. I completely understand your fears, I've BTDT. I think that the third time is the charm for you, like it was for me!! Try to hold on to your faith and like Iiri said, every pregnancy is different. (((HUGS))) and I'm praying for you and your little beanie!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I sent a little prayer up for you today Kristin...can't wait to hear how your appointment went.

    ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete