Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Negative Again

I got the lab results back from my bloodwork: less than 5, negative again. I have to say, it really hurt this time. Everything seemed so perfect. Three big follicles, we KNOW I ovulated, timed exactly as instructed. I have an appt on Firday, so the plan is to ask about being put on glucophage (because of PCOS), schedule an HSG and semen analysis, and do cycle day 3 bloodwork. I don't know a whole lot about any of these things, but I'm hoping it holds the key to success for us. I can't think of anything else to check after these things. I guess if we can't get an answer as to why its not working after this round of tests, we will be diagnosed with unexplained infertility. I am considering seeing an RE (reproductive endocrinologist) to get a little more help because of PCOS.

The only good thing really that has come from all of this is the decision of Neal and I to do some surgery after we are done having kids. Because of PCOS, it is very hard for me to lose weight. So, we have pretty much decided that I will get either the gastric band or gastric bypass. I want to be able to be healthy and there for my kids some day, and this seems like a way that I can make that happen. Also, I will probably get a breast reduction so that I can exercise like I like to and actually stay in shape. The original plan was just to get the breast reduction, but I am worried that if we do the gastric later than we will have to have my boobs fixed again. Who knows. Anyway, that was completely off topic, but I feel better now. I love writing to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment