Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, June 15, 2009

I Learned A New Word

Normally I would be tickled to learn a new medical term, but not this time. Let me give you the word and definition and you'll understand why.

Heterotopic Pregnancy: rare complication of pregnancy in which both extra-uterine (ectopic pregnancy) and inter-uterine gestation occur.

I called my dr yesterday morning because of cramps that are getting worse and more painful. The ultrasound revealed one little embryo in my uterus where it should be, so that was good. It also showed a lot of fluid from all thouse follicles releasing and quite a few cysts. He said that this and my pain could be due to OHSS sticking around. Because of all the cysts and fluid, it was hard to tell on his machine if there is an embryo in my tube. My symptoms seem to point to that being the case. The vaginal exam that was done was EXTREMELY painful but again inconclusive. I am going for another u/s today that should be more sensitive I think and then to see the dr again. Another u/s and appt is scheduled for Wednesday. Any extra prayers you have please, please, please send them our way. From the research I've done the inter-uterine pregnancy has a 2/3 chance of surviving if surgery should have to be done to remove the ectopic one. I guess I've had reason to worry...

11 comments:

  1. How scary! I hope that you just have OHSS sticking around!!!

    ((((HUGS))))

    Let us know what the next U/S reveals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness honey! I hope you have OHSS! (there's something i never thought i'd say to someone)

    I'll be thinking of you!

    (((((BIG HUGS)))))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking positively for you! Let us know how it goes today. You're in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read your blog and something our pastor said last night popped back into my head. "Worry is the opposite of faith." So let the worry go and place your faith in God. After all, He is the only one who you can really rely on. Andy and I are both praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yikes Kristin.

    I sure hope that they will be able to remove the one that is in your tube, *if* there is one there.

    (((((HUGS)))))

    Hope you fell better soon

    ReplyDelete
  6. ((((HUGS KRISTIN))))

    Deep breaths! Good luck at your u/s today and please keep us posted on what's going on!

    Tons of prayers coming your way...

    ReplyDelete
  7. ((((((Huge, huge hugs))))))

    Sending many prayers your way, Kristin.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are in my prayers today (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh hunny...try to think positive - as hard as that is! But hang in there I hope its just OHSS hanging around! I will be praying for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope everything turns out and that it is just some OHSS left over.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm praying for you. This must be very scary. I really hope everything works out okay!

    ReplyDelete