Tuesday, June 16, 2009
U/S Update
Had the u/s yesterday and it took like an hour. Seriously. But the tech measured all my cysts (there are TONS of them, and lots of fluid from the OHSS) and my ovaries. Those things are HUGE. Anyway, the tech said he is pretty sure that they are all just normal cysts but we won't know for sure until we can see/hear a heartbeat (about 2 weeks because of our vaca). The u/s was pretty painful. Weird thing was since my uterus is tilted/folded he couldn't see baby with the internal u/s. He did an abdominal and it was right there!!! The sac is measuring 5w1d as of yesterday (it was 4w6d Sunday, so 2 days growth in a day!) and that makes our EDD now on Valentine's Day!! I know the EDD keeps changing, but this u/s machine was like, the mac daddy of u/s machines so I think I'll go by it. I like that date better anyway :) So anyway, we don't know anything for sure but we are fairly certain that all is well in there. I still have lots of pain all day but its just that stupid OHSS trying to hang on for a while longer. I have one more u/s appt before we (and the dr!) leave for vacation tomorrow night and I should be 5 1/2-6 weeks then. Heartbeat maybe? Guess we'll see! I feel much better today!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Glad to hear all is okay! Dont worry if you dont hear the heartbeat...I didnt hear mine until a few days into the 6th week. I guess its different for everyone!
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful time on your vacation! Where are you going?
Whew, I never thought I'd say this, but I'm glad they thing is OHSS! Hopefully you will start to feel better soon! Can't wait to hear about your next u/s!
ReplyDeleteOh, thank goodness! I'm sorry that you're in so much pain, but glad it's not the other! :)
ReplyDelete(((HUGS)))