Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Hey M!! Siepman1

Hey! Thanks for the response about your protocol. I wasn't sure how else to get ahold of you so I thought I'd write you here. I was just wondering if you would have time to write me with the other protocols that you've done? I am writing down every possible plan that I can come up with. Also what is tamoxifen? I've not heard of it before. Is it like Clomid? Thanks!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kristin!! Wow, a post especially for me! I'm honored!!!

    I've done Clomid CD 3 to 7 with trigger and timed BD. I also did Clomid CD 5 to 9 with an OB/GYN but that wasn't monitored so it was worthless.

    I've done Tamoxifen and trigger and timed BD and tamoxifen and trigger and IUI. And Letrozole and trigger and timed BD and Letrozole and trigger and IUI. All these were taken CD3 to 7. Tamoxifen and Letrozole work very similarly to Clomid, just have a different mechanism of action. They are actually breast cancer drugs. We tried them because I seemed to get cysts on Clomid and my lining was horrible on Clomid.

    We also did injectibles (follistim) and were planning on doing an IUI, but I overresponded and we rolled over to IVF.

    With all of my IUI's I used prog supps, with the last one we added estrogen patches (I needed LP support). With the IVF we used patches and injectible progesterone.

    I also have taken a baby aspirin daily for about a year as well as a vitamin b6 daily to "fluff" up my uterine lining.

    Good luck Kristin! Let me know what you guys decide to do! I really did like our oral/injectible combo cycle that I told you about in your previous post. Not just cause it worked but because i got a good amount of follies. I wanted more than one, but didn't want too many either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I am leaning towards something with an IUI, but that doesn't really matter as long as I have follies. Timed BD apparently doesn't work for us because we tried for 7 cycles (time off because of cysts) with timed BD and at least 3 follies and nothing. I don't think I have an LP problem so I may not need the patches. I'll probably go on baby aspirin again and add B6. I hadn't heard of using that before! I'm glad you mentioned letrozole and tamoxifen; I ALWAYS get cyts with Clomid and I think I have some pretty big ones now. Do you have PCOS too?

    ReplyDelete