Tuesday, October 20, 2009
How do YOU like to be told?
I go back and forth on how I want those close to me to tell me about their pregnancies. So, I thought I would ask: How do YOU like to find out? I'm gonna make 3 categories: 1) Close friends/family 2) Co-workers/aquaintances 3) Board/Blog friends
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Well, it hurts no matter what they do, but I think there are ways to soften the blow.
ReplyDelete1) In person, if possible. Or a phone call. E-mail is ok, as long as it's a personalized one & not the mass anouncement. I don't expect people to walk on egg shells around me, but I think that it wouldn't kill them to tell me away from everyone else & expect me to cry a little.
2) I don't. Really, please just keep it to yourself until you start showing. People who anounce too quickly at work are usually the longest & whineyest pg, taking advantage of everyone they can.
3) I'm the happiest for this group. Since we're all in the same boat, it's good to see someone beat IF. I do think though (esp on the board) that it's important to mark it with "trigs". I also don't like it when someone just disappears after that. What about all of us who helped support them on their journey? It's not nice to just "drop" us because we're not there yet!
I hope you'll be anouncing soon! :)
I agree with Steph 100%.
ReplyDeleteSince I live away from family, my mom usually tells me who's expecting. It seems that everyone has hit his/her quota. Though, I am sure we will have a few surprises. We're due.
I love to see the ladies I've gotten to meet on the boards announce a bfp. It warms my heart.
1. I like to be told one on one. A year ago I had a friend who knew about my infertility (I had just m/c) announce her pregnancy to a whole group of girls, me included. I know she would feel horrible if she knew it bothered me but it hurt me that she told me at the exact same time as a bunch of other girls, some of whom she didn't know very well.
ReplyDelete2. I usually hear it through the grapevine or they'll mention it to me and I don't mind. Although I like my coworkers, I'm not really close with any of them outside of work so I don't expect to be treated any differently with the pg news.
3. The sooner the better so we can celebrate!!! Nothing better than an IF sister getting pregnant!
1.) Well, I just had this happen over the weekend. Our best friends told us they were going to start TTC in June. The wife is 12 weeks pregnant already. Yes, it seems they got pregnant within the first month they tried. I think they handled it the right way. Her husband called my husband and my husband told me the news. They know what we are going through and wanted to give me time to adjust to the news. Of course, I am thrilled for them, although it stung just a little!
ReplyDelete2) I work with mostly men and a couple older women, so this isn't an issue for me!
3) I love to see BFP's from my girls! Bring 'em on!!!