Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Tears... :'(

The fighting on the board is upsetting me. :( I know a certain post was upsetting, but there is no reason to say that people can't post there. I for one don't mind my friends who have been lucky enough to move on posting an update with trigs in the subject line. I am happy for them. For someone to just lash out at a grad for trying to encourage others is just cruel. I know she didn't mean it the way its being taken. She was just trying to say "Hey, I've been there. I know how it feels." Maybe she could have used less words, but that was her core point. Give the girl a break. I've seen 'board fights' before and that board has never been the same. I really don't want that to happen to all the great ladies on 12+ months. We all have bad days and need to vent, but when the vent is about another member, maybe its best to refrain from posting on that particular day.

7 comments:

  1. I agree 100%, Kristin. I hope the board continues to be the wonderful, supportive place it was when I started.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What happened? I guess the post was deleted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been to the WebMD boards in several weeks. I finally got to the point of "Why am I torturing myself if I am not cycling and get ticked off by the newbies who get lucky right away?" I must say I don't miss the drama.

    However, I'm sorry that it is causing some people heartache. I hope it gets better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am curious what happened too. I think I caught the gist of it, but I am not sure...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never post or even lurk there anymore (hardly recognize anyone). I don't know what happened, but it sounds like a little over-sensitivity. Oh, well.
    Lauren (Lahlie1975)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I completely agree Kristin! Thank you for posting this! I just feel like if someone wants a baby, then I am going to be happy for them... that is one more person who beat IF, no matter if we know them personally or not. I know it can be upsetting, but we can't diminish the happiness of those who have moved on from IF. We will want the same support and encouragement if we are fortunate to move on.

    I too hope the boards return to normal. I go there for support and to give support, not drama!

    I hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for saying this Kristin. I thought the original poster was being really supportive and giving us hope. That's why I stood up to defend her, and although I didn't feel like in doing so I was being offensive, clearly a few others did - they posted some pretty nasty posts to me this weekend which were removed, but unfortunately not before I had the chance to read them. I don't want to be a part of so much hostility and negativity. I wasn't trying to make anyone feel ashamed, in my mind you can't make someone feel that way - for them to feel ashamed means their conscience is telling them that their actions are wrong.

    Anyway, I just wanted to say that I wish only the best for everyone, and I will be thrilled for any of you wonderful women to get your BFP just as much as I would be to get my own!!! ((((HUGS))))

    ReplyDelete