Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

My First Appointment

This might get long!

I got to the office and they asked me about my meds and how I'm feeling. Me and the staff are pretty close so we just chatted for a while since the dr was taking a long time. I got my progesterone results from Friday. 148.6!! The nurse said she doesn't know how I even got my progesterone that high! LOL Then we went into the room. I bottows-downed and waited. He came in and we started the ultrasound. We couldn't see a thing because my ovaries were so big and my uterus is tilted. Finally we pushed on my abdomen and were able to see my uterus and what MIGHT have been the sac, but we couldn't tell for sure. I had another beta drawn last night and will have another on Thursday. Friday night I go back for another u/s. The dr said that he thinks we have a good pregnancy based on my betas :)

I am on modified bedrest as of last night. I am allowed to go to work, but no lifting, no exercise, no sex, and LOTS of Gatorade. I have OHSS pretty bad apparently and he is worried that if I do too much, the cysts that I have will rupture and leak fluid into my abdomen. He said if I don't listen I could end up in the hospital. So now I go to work and make sure I'm sitting all day, then go home and lay on the couch. Its kinda nice to not have to cook or clean, but its hard for me to sit still for very long. He said my cramping and pulling feelings are from all the cysts. At least I know now!! He also said that I can discontinue the progesterone supps (yay!!) and I have to stop taking my antidepressants... Pray for me! I kinda go a little crazy when I go off them... Hopefully there is enough joy in my life now to overshadow the sadness and worry :)

Anyway, that's pretty much it. I'll update with the beta later!!

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great appointment Kristin! Glad your b/w numbers are high and doctor is optimistic! Keep us posted!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! That is a GREAT progesterone level!! Can't wait to hear the new beta numbers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take care hun, OHSS is not fun. I was hospitalized for it after my IVF. Are you pretty bloated???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did your doctor want you to just stop your antidepressants all at one time?

    I have been decreasing mine and feel a little "weepy" sometimes.

    I hope you feel better! and congrats on the appintment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sooooooo excited for you!!! Congrats!! YAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the awesome number!

    I am excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a terrific update, I can't wait for more...

    and even though it's hard, enjoy the modified bedrest and time "down". You won't get much of it in a few months ;)

    ReplyDelete