Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Back From IUI#1

Before I get started, did anyone see the Bible verse for today? All I can say about that is WOW. I can't help but see sings everywhere. I started my injections on Mother's Day. All kinds of 'feelings' from friends, myself, and Neal. Then this verse as soon as I get home from my first IUI.
**Blessed are those who persevere under trial, because when they have stood the test, they will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him. When tempted, no one should say, 'God is tempting me.' For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone; but each of you is tempted when you are dragged away by your own evil desire and enticed. Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death. Don't be deceived, my dear brothers and sisters. Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of all he created. James 1:12-18 TNIV **

Well, #1 is done!!! Yay! Not too terrible really. I was super disappointed because Neal couldn't go with me :( He couldn't get out of work (yes, that means he collected in the bathroom at work, poor guy). Thankfully, a good friend of mine went with me and was able to distract me so I wasn't too terribly nervous. The actual process wasn't bad. They prepped the sperm in like 5 minutes and then we went back. That stupid speculum hurt!!! He was very gentle with injecting so it didn't hurt at all (I was expecting like HSG type pain). He seems to think we have a good chance. With 9 follies and great timing (I had been feeling O pains for about 2 hrs when we did it), and then 40 million spermies post wash, I am pretty optimistic. We go again tomorrow morning at 7:30am for the 2nd IUI. I am excited!!! Right now I am just sitting on the couch resting, telling our little spermies and eggies to meet up and make us a baby!! The plan is to rest tonight and go to bed early, then we wait!! I am so excited and I absolutely cannot wait to hear the outcome of this cycle. :) :)

I also want to give a huge CONGRATULATIONS to Ashley on her BFP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I better be joining you soon, Ashley!!

3 comments:

  1. Hey there! Just started following your blog! I hope this is the cycle for you!!! I can't wait to find out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Kristin! Hope this C ends in your BFP soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh Kristin, I am so happy for you!! I cant wait to hear the outcome of this cycle either. It sounds very promising!!! Good Luck and you will be in my prayers!!

    And thanks for the shout out...you better be joinning me soon!!! :)

    ReplyDelete