Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, May 8, 2009

Needles and Syringes and Vials, OH MY!!

THE DEFINITION OF IRONY: Starting infertility shots on Mother's Day. Hope that's a sign.


Got all my meds today. The box was pretty big. Went through it all and realized I have no clue what I am doing. The nurse at the dr's office said to bring in everything on CD3 and they'd help me with the first one. Now CD3 is on Sunday so they're closed. I called and asked what I'm supposed to do since I haven't done this before and they said to watch the video on the manufacturer's website and go ahead and do it Sunday. If I have any problems I can go in Monday to get some help. I am not really sure when I am supposed to take it, if it matters. I don't know if it has to be the same time every day either. I was thinking of doing it Sunday morning before church but mornings aren't good for every other day. IDK. Anyone know? I printed off instructions and I am watching videos all afternoon. Hopefully it'll be a piece of cake. I guess I'll see soon enough!

Oh by the way, does anyone know a nurse or somewhere I can go to get help with this on Sunday? I don't want to screw this up!

4 comments:

  1. Your post finally showed up in my reader! I'm so happy!

    Dont forget to do the stims in the afternoon!!

    ~grow follies grow~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I always had to do in the morning, but I only had one injection per month. They gave me a specific time to give myself the shot. Good luck!!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. From my experience you should take the shots around the same time every day. I took them at night, after dinner..that was the easiest for me! You can always go to a hospital..they will help you with taking shots.

    Good Luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The videos should be pretty clear on how to do the shots. Otherwise there are videos on youtube that can help too. They are easier than they look, I promise!

    I also took my shots in the evening. It was easier for my schedule.

    ReplyDelete