Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, May 18, 2009

Not So Hot

So yesterday morning was my follie check. I was sooo excited thinking this is it! and we could do our IUIs today and tomorrow. No such luck. Thursday night I had 8-9 follies all 10-12mm and we upped my dose to 225iu/day. Yesterday we had 10 measurable follies but they were all 10-14mm. What the heck?? Only 2mm growth in 3 days on 225iu? That seems a little crazy to me. So today is day 9 of stims and I go back tomorrow night. I cannot believe this. Why am I not responding to this higher dose? The dr said this is the dosage he uses for IVF patients my age. Seriously??!? This should not be happening!!! I'M ONLY 22!!!! Is it too much caffeine? Can that make them shrink? I just can't wrap my brain around this. Why are they not growing like they should?? I really don't want to do more meds after tonight; they are costing a small fortune (seriously). We only have this one shot right now, I NEED it to work!!!!!

Breakdown of the cost of our first IUI cycle:
Co-Pay: $20
Clomid (100mg/5 days): $18
First batch of meds (14 vials of Bravelle): $538.60
U/S follie check: $135
Second batch of meds (3 vials of Bravelle): $144.70
U/S follie check: $135
Third batch of meds (6 vials of Bravelle): $330.00
_______________________
TOTAL (so far): $1301.30 (without IUI costs or hCG cost)
TOTAL estimated cost: $1851.30

See why we've only got one shot? I really need a "Bump Cost" box on my side bar...

2 comments:

  1. Hey Hun ((HUGS))

    This process is very frustrating. Your will find at your u/s, that your follies aren't much bigger than they were the last time. Sometimes, I figure when you have so many follies they get bunched together and its hard for the RE to tell if its 2 follies together or if its one larger follie. Give it a couple more days and see what brewing. Has your RE sent you for an E2 check yet?

    I'm in amazement that your RE has you doing this much meds. I swear he could decrease your dosage and you'd prob keep growing at least 6 follies. You really dont want to overstim. I've NEVER taken that much injects before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (((HUGS))) I'm sorry that you aren't getting the results you wanted as quickly as you wanted. It's hard to see the costs rising, I know exactly how that feels.

    Did your RE say why he wants so many follicles?? Most RE's don't like to see more than 4 or so for IUI's, otherwise you are at BIG risk for high order multiples. When I had 15 follies on injects the RE said I could go ahead but would have to do selective reduction if a bunch fertilized. I did NOT want to be in that kind of situation, that's why I rolled over to IVF.

    (((HUGS))) girl, I hope everything turns out ok.

    ReplyDelete