Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 9, 2009

I DID IT!!!

I gave myself my first injection!! Granted it was just practice with my extra Sodium Chloride, but I did it nonetheless! I got really nervous at first after I had the needle and syringe all ready. I kept saying, "One, two, three" and never did it, LOL. Finally I decided I'd ice it before injecting. I have a perfect little round icee (like for lunch boxes) in my freezer that was the perfect size. So I iced it, wiped it with the alcohol wipe, and went for it. I should have stuck the needle in faster but it didn't hurt. The hardest part was pushing the plunger down all the way but I finally got it. Afterwards I had a little panic attack (sweating, hot, etc) but after I sat for a bit with ice on my head I was okay. I think tonight will go better! I am practicing again on the left side this time, then Sunday is 'the big day'! I can't believe that I am doing this!!

TMI
Got a question: I was taking BCP for my cysts and had to wait for AF after I finished them. Well, I started having the brownish-pink stuff yesterday with a little bit of red but I am counting it as CD1. If I remember right, BCP always made my AFs different than a natural one. Sometimes I don't get red at all. Do you think that's alright to count it as day 1? It came about 4 days after the last BCP. TIA for any thoughts

3 comments:

  1. Wow! That's brave, you go girl!

    :^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WhooHoo!! congrats. I couldnt even do it myself I had to get hubs to do it while I closed my eyes shut tight!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so awesome that you're practicing with saline... good idea.

    For me personally, I would not count that as CD1. I tend to get the brownish pink spotting a few days before the real deal. I count bright red flow as CD1. Certain RE's are different in what they consider CD1. Maybe you could call the nurse and ask??

    ReplyDelete