I haven't even gotten to the trigger yet and I feel pretty miserable!! BDing is terribly painful, if I touch the area over my ovaries it hurts, and when my bladder gets full its just constant pressure on the front of my abdomen. It hurts off and on all day, just a constant pain. Its hard to explain. Its not like sharp pain, but just an ache. ALL. DAY. I hope that it doesn't get worse after the trigger... I'll ask him about it tonight.
P.S. Please be praying for my friend Bridget on ITSG. She got her 2nd beta number back and it was only 1.9. Keep her in your thoughts as this is the second failed IVF cycle for her... She is handling it amazingly (such a strong woman).
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I can't imagine! I was sore and I only had 3 follicles! After the trigger, the dull pain just stuck around and stayed the same. It was like I pushed the pause button (which is basicly what it does). I found if I just didn't move around much then it helped a lot.
ReplyDeleteDrink plenty of fluids!!! Hopefully, you won't get OHSS
ReplyDeleteI am prone to OHSS and I did everything in the book to try and not get it - and I didn't!
ReplyDeleteMy trick was to eat lots of potassium, protien and salt - I am talking about tons of bannanas, bacon, protein shakes and meal bars, roast beef, eggs, celery with peanut butter, raisins, corned beef...and washed it all down with gadorade or water with lemon.
I also avoided caffine, soda, coffee, tea, and alcohol like it was the plague.
I dont know if that was what kept OHSS away for me, but it didnt hurt to try!! I did this throughout the entire time of taking shots, through the trigger shot and afterwards too!
Good Luck and I hope OHSS stays away from you!!!